Decarbonizing the Grid 2021
Many companies and countries have pledged to become carbon-neutral. These commitments are driving new and more aggressive market design, systems engineering and technology innovation. Oversimplifying somewhat, the most promising strategy can be defined as “electrify energy demand” while “decarbonizing the electricity sector”.
Over the course of six workshops our expert panelists will focus on how we can enable a grid that facilitates the integration of renewables, DERs, expansion of demand and decline of fossil fueled power supply. There is an element of policy in the solution but it is primarily driven by market design, systems engineering and technology innovation. We will address the roles of grid interconnection, policy, storage integration and coordination of demand.
- 2/17: Recording; Framing the challenges of decarbonizing the grid - Symposium Brief here
- 3/03: Recording; The role of grid Interconnection for decarbonization - Symposium Brief here
- 3/17: Recording; Public policies facilitating decarbonization of supply - Symposium Brief here
- 3/31: Recording; Storage Integration including but also beyond batteries- Symposium Brief here
- 4/07: Recording; Coordinating demand side flexibility -Symposium Brief here
- 4/28: Recording; The Path to 100% Clean Electricity